Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Summary

Hi

I enjoyed the 23 things experience but I also felt there was too much new information to digest in too short a period of time. There also wasn't a lot of technical support available, even though this was made clear from the get-go.

I especially liked the wikis I saw, particularly for ALA conference newbies, as well as Library Thing which I now use as a Readers Advisory tool.

I was surprised by how much there is out there going on which I was unaware of, and pleased to now have been made aware of them!

Cheers,
Dina

1 comment:

James said...

hey dina, congratulations on finishing 23 things!!! i have enjoyed your posts. not everything came easy but you stuck with each activity.

i'm sorry that you found the tech support lacking. it is certainly something we will consider should we offer similar programs in the future. it was the intent of coordinators that staff use each other as a resource in lieu of formalized classroom instruction; perhaps the liaisons (lesa and i) should have made that clearer.

in reading your posts, one thing it seems you gleaned from this exercise was a confidence in your own abilities and a desire to just jump in and play with emerging technologies.

great work!!!